Saturday, August 27, 2016

Minimalism

Today I begin a journey of giving up things. I had a wonderful breakfast and said goodbye to food.

I am embarking on a Juice Fast. I am not sure if it's location. I'm planning on 60 days. I have done this once before, inspired by the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, and had great results. I lost weight which gave me momentum and ultimately over a year period I was able to lose 50lbs.

The more amazing results were my blood work. My LDL cholesterol dropped to a very healthy level and my triglycerides which were very high fell to a number the made my doctors jaw drop. I will try and dig up the actual numbers.

Well in the years since I have got back into bad eating habits, I have stopped lifting, stopped running, stopped jumping rope, and I have allowed my work to take over my life.

I don't read anymore. I watch too much TV. My life has be come unmanageable.

So I begin again. I have a new job with a lower stress level and I am minimalizing my life. Minimalizing stressors and maximizing happiness and joy.

The other thing I will be doing is going through my stuff and getting rid of anything that does not being me joy.

Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus of the minimalist blog talk all about this. Check it out and come back As I chronicle my journey of getting rid of junk, getting rid of fat, and getting rid of bad habits.

We will explore the effect this has on happiness and we will start to talk to others who are happy and find out why?

What makes your happy? Leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment: